|SAFE HARBOR MORTGAGE COMPANY, LLC - Lake Oswego, OR
||2007 - Present
Chief Financial Officer and President
Four-state retail financial services business of $1 billion in production with 100 employees.
Identify opportunities for firm to expand business and increase sales, including building quality-oriented retail origination platform leveraging internet marketing efforts of lead generation to reduce credit risk during financial crisis beginning in 2007.
- Delivered one-year sales production increase from $119 million to $337 million by identifying, recruiting, and developing top-of-line team.
- Implemented pricing system engine to enable real-time pricing with margin protection, improving margins 43% and obtaining more than $8 million in additional revenue annually.
- Decreased cost per sales acquisition from 2.15% to 1.39% of sales after implementing active management matrix for sales lead purchasing.
- Successfully developed regulatory application packages to receive HUD and State licensing approval, effectively guiding 85 employees through licensing for Federal SAFE act.
|SUNSET DIRECT LENDING - Lake Oswego, OR
||2003 - 2007
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer
48-state, non-conforming home lender with more than $4 billion in annual lending and 300 employees.
Hired to capture $2 billion in annual asset sales that were being placed with third parties. Created financial modeling programs to determine pricing, established Wall Street auction bidding processes, and developed best execution processes. Captured 75% of asset sales within two years of implementation.
- Personally wrote and marketed business plan to obtain backing for $4 billion PA financial services company.
- Reduced labor costs more than 73% through effective analysis and upgrading of financial systems to MAS2000.
- Increased product offerings more than 100% through identification, negotiation, and strategic acquisition/ integration of company generating and selling $2.2 billion in annual assets.
- Drove 40% increase in cycle time, 50% reduction in approval time, and 61% improvement to data integrity by directing RFP process and evaluating/implementing new ERP system.
|WORLDMODAL NETWORK SERVICES - Portland, OR
||2001 - 2002
Chief Financial Officer
Small NASDAQ telecom company acting as holding company for internet investments.
Brought in to complete transition effort and establish partners to support $50 million international contract.
|FIBRES INTERNATIONAL INC. / E-CYCLED.COM - Wilsonville, OR
||1999 - 2001
Chief Financial Officer
Established recycling company executing roll up and acquisition strategy with 17 operating plants and significant sales in Asia. Established first major B2B portal for pulp and paper industry, E-Cycled.com.
Oversaw all financial management, including raising capital of private equity and developing Wall Street interest to raise public funds. Directed mergers and acquisitions as point person negotiating purchase of 17 operation plants.
- Raised $30 million in private equity under Regulation D offering exemption as result of collaborating with legal counsel to develop offering memorandum.
- Developed and implemented effective acquisition strategy for purchase of $7.1 million in physical assets from largest international exporter within industry niche.
- Tapped into $1 billion global market by developing E-cycled.com as B2B trading portal for paper, plastic, and glass recycling industries.
- Negotiated 475% increase in working capital line of credit to $15 million through personal relationship development and proactive management of bank credit facility.
|SOUTHERN PACIFIC FUNDING CORPORATION - Lake Oswego, OR
||1996 - 1998
Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances
$5 billion NYSE financial services firm with more than 2,000 employees and major international operations. Company liquidated in 1998.
Built de novo accounting and finance operations for IPO of public company spun from bank. Retained balance sheet management responsibilities after IPO, overseeing management of company's merger activities, strategic planning, and business development activities.
- Issued more than $7 billion of collateralized debt obligations and other asset backed securities by way of Southern Pacific Secured Assets Corporation.
- Developed $309 million Net Interest Margin securitization to generate corporate liquidity through broker partner, one of the first of its kind.
- Created multi-brand growth strategy, securing board approval for up to $500 million in acquisitions and oversaw five corporate subsidiaries.
- Developed REIT business plan and liaised with counsel for preparation of S-1 to segment shareholder base and meet financing of multimillion-dollar asset acquisitions.
- Increased revolving credit facilities from $75 million to $600 million by successfully researching, sourcing, and negotiating with new credit provider.
Experience Prior to 1996
AVP, Cash Management - North American Mortgage Company
- Created additional $10 million in annual revenue from previously non-earning asset by developing asset-backed swap program with major west coast bank.
- Developed customized cash management program with bank to provide cash management services on 2,000 bank accounts, reducing bank service charge expenses more than 53%, or $650,000 annually.
CFO and Controller - Chevron Federal Credit Union
- Implemented Chevron Oil credit card merchant processing through credit union, saving company more than $30 million annually in processing charges.
- Established ATM system processing in-house, effectively reducing processing costs 21%, or $400,000.
Manager, Securities Services - Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Reduced staffing costs 15% after converting Treasury Securities department from paper-based accounting to online accounting system as part of major modernization effort.