|WHEEGO, INC., Atlanta, GA
The first U.S. Electric Vehicle (EV) manufacturer to deliver affordable, full-speed, all-electric, emission-free cars for consumers through U.S. dealer network.
Drove design, development, and launch of both low-speed and full-speed electric vehicles, positioning startup company as global leader in innovation. Formulated strategy to establish brand in concept, production process, and product launch. Aligned business model to optimize efficiency and quality and time to market by a unique employment of existing technologies.
- Designed, developed, and launched America's first, affordable, NHTSA-compliant, full-speed electric vehicle with $6.5 million budget within 30 months.
- Positioned company to penetrate emerging one million electric vehicle market by designing and developing unique business model that reduced cost of entry, speed to market, and product offering.
- Sourced $200 million in key components by building strategic partnerships and negotiating supplier agreements with 30 top-tier global manufacturers.
- Achieved 100% of design objectives including tight timelines by hiring, directing, and coordinating three globally diverse engineering teams including chassis development by a Chinese firm.
- Accelerated market penetration by creating strategy and brand identity that established and solidified reputation with multiple stakeholders.
- Increased global, industry-brand awareness by representation as "face of the company" at international trade shows, industry panels, and conferences.
- Oversold initial production capacity in 12 months by establishing U.S. distribution network and implementing field education and support programs.
|MILES EV, INC., Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 2005 by activist/entrepreneur Miles Rubin to market full-line of NHTSA-compliant, low-speed, all-electric cars and trucks that integrate the best U.S. electric motor and controller technology with China’s advanced battery and chassis manufacturing capabilities.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Directed development, growth, and overhaul of emerging electric vehicle manufacturer by establishing corporate headquarters, recruiting 40-member team, developing strategic plan, creating marketing campaign to strengthen brand identity and awareness, and securing venture funding.
- Opened company to multimillion-dollar electric vehicle market by retooling business plan, and revising specifications, product performance, and changing sales channels.
- Positioned company to achieve $40+ million first-year revenue goal by defining and implementing multi-channel marketing and comprehensive branding strategies.
- Built critical international vendor relationships to access new technologies while integrating U.S. engineering teams with global supplier expertise and China's advanced battery capabilities.
- Generated approximately $100 million in pre-orders.
- Doubled product offerings leading to 240% sales growth by revising and updating product performance characteristics and new products based on consumer and commercial demand.
- Acquired $35 million in second or "B" round of equity financing.
- Lobbied with key partners, for inclusion of $7,500 federal tax credit in federal legislation, for purchase of electric vehicles to generate greater consumer demand.
|O'BRIEN TEAM, Peoria, IL
Privately held automotive group founded in 1988, with growth from single franchise in Illinois to 32 franchises in 13 locations in four states with over 800 employees.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Provided vision and leadership across all business functions implementing strategies to strengthen partnerships with manufacturers and vendors, and ensure optimal corporate performance and efficiency.
- Increased profitability 65% within 12 months of taking over operational responsibilities.
- 40% revenue increase from $500 million to $700 million delivered in first year by improving individual and team performance, and better resource management.
- Attained 1% improvement in EBITDA by assessing and consolidating 13 regional operational and administrative functions achieving critical economy of scale.
- Improved corporate decision making and strategic planning through introduction of best-practice financial forecasting and modeling techniques.
- Acquired $120 million in credit lines in support of working capital and inventory demands.
- Completed complex, regionally diverse $20 million multi-facility construction projects on time and under budget through careful selection of construction partners and vigilant overview of milestones/timelines.
ADDITIONAL CAREER POSITIONS
VICE PRESIDENT - National Business Brokers, Inc., Irvine, CA (2001-2004)
PRESIDENT & GM - Penske Automotive Group, Inc., Detroit, MI (1992-2001)